Toro 54" (127 cm) TimeCutter® SS5425 (74741)
Featuring Smart Speed™ Control System
The TimeCutter® SS5425 zero turn riding mower is powered by a 24.5 hp Toro V-Twin 708cc engine with self-cleaning airbox. It features a 54", 4" deep, high capacity, 12 ga. steel mowing deck with convenient washout port for cleaning under the deck. Comes with an 18" extra-tall seat for added comfort and large 20" x 10" rear tires to give you a smoother ride over rough terrain.
- 24.5hp Toro V-Twin 708cc engine with self-cleaning airbox
- 54" (137 cm) mowing deck is great for large open spaces when power and durability are necessary
- Smart Speed® control system lets you choose from 3 ground speeds for optimal performance - trim, tow or mow.
- 18" extra-tall seat offers maximum back support for enhanced comfort
- Heavy-Duty Rear Engine Guard: This heavy-duty steel guard protects the engine from branches and debris as you maneuver around your lawn.
- 3-Gallon (11.4 Liter) Fuel Capacity: All TimeCutter riding mowers feature a large 3-gallon (11.4 Liter) fuel tank for more mowing with fewer fill-ups. Knowing when to fill up is simple thanks to the translucent tank, which also helps to prevent overfilling.
- Washout Ports: Deck washout ports create a pressure washer under your deck providing quick cleaning, maintaining optimum airflow for optimum cutting performance. 50" (127 cm) deck is pictured.
- Heavy Duty 10 Gauge Unibody Steel Frame: The lower the gauge, the thicker the metal. That is why we use heavy duty 10 gauge steel. The unibody steel frame provides the optimal balance in rigidity and flexibility for quick, highly maneuverable mowing conditions.
- Hitch Kit Standard: Hitch kit comes standard on all TimeCutter models. It's easy to increase the versatility of your zero turn mower by attaching a dump cart, de-thatcher, fertilizer spreader or other Brinly-Hardy attachments. (Attachments sold separately.)
- Automatic Parking Brake: Automatically engaged when the control arms are moved outward. Simplifies operation by eliminating a separate parking brake.
- Dual Hydrostatic Drive System: Independent hydrostatic drive systems provide responsive maneuverability and zero turning capabilities. These independent drives are anchored to Toro's unibody frame and reinforced with a cross member for lasting durability and performance.
- Smart Speed® Control - Trim, Tow, Mow: Toro’s Smart Speed® control system lets you choose from three ground speed ranges for optimal performance. Use low TRIM range to trim closer for maximum time savings, choose medium TOW range for towing attachments, or select high MOW range to mow large open areas and finish quickly.
- Save on Average 45% of your MowingTime: The Toro TimeCutter cuts your mowing time almost in half, which means less work for you and your mower. You’ll not only have more time to enjoy, you’ll extend the working life of your mower.
- 20" (50.8 cm) Rear Tires: The large, 20" (50.8 cm) diameter 4-ply rear tires deliver better traction without tearing up the turf and a smoother ride in uneven terrain.
- 18" Thickly Padded Premium Seat: Premium, thickly padded 18" extra-tall seat provides ample back support for a smooth, comfortable ride.
- Non-Slip, Easy-to-Clean Floor Pan: The pierced floor pan is perfect for homeowners who like their mower to look as nice as their lawn. Simply hose down the floor pan after each use and keep your TimeCutter looking as good as new. The non-slip pierced extrusions also provide an additional measure of safety.
- 3-Year Limited Warranty - No Hour Limitations: Product is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for three years without an hour limitation. See owner’s manual for complete warranty details.
- Engine: 24.5 hp (18.2 kw) Toro V-Twin 708cc w/Self-Cleaning Air Box
- Fuel Capacity: 3 Gallon (11.4 L)
- Anti-Scalp Wheels: 3 - Standard
- Armrests: Optional
- Blade Engagement: Electric PTO
- Blade Tip Speed: 18,320 ft/min
- Cup Holder: Standard
- Deck Design: 54 in (137 cm) 12 ga. 3 blades
- Displacement: 708cc
- Engine Horsepower: 24.5 hp (18.2 kw)
- Ground Speed: Mow (F/R) 7 mph/3 mph
- Tow (F/R) 5.5 mph/2.4 mph: Trim (F/R) 4 mph/1.7 mph
- Height: 42.5" (107.9 cm)
- Height of Cut: 1.5 (3.8 cm) - 4.5 in (11.4 cm)
- Hour Meter: Optional
- Hydraulic Dampeners: Standard
- Length: 72.9" (185.17 cm)
- Seat: 18 in (45.7 cm) Thickly Padded Premium
- Steering Controls: Dual Wrap Around Levers
- Tires: 13 in (33 cm) x 5 in (12.7 cm) Ribbed Front; 20 in (50.8 cm) x 10 in (25.4 cm) Rear
- Tool Box: Standard
- Transmission: Dual Hydrostatic
- Washout Port: Standard
- Warranty: 3-Year Unlimited Hours
- Width: 57.4" (145.7 cm)
- Storage Dimensions:: 57.4" (145.7 cm) x 72.9" (185.17 cm) x 42.5" (107.9 cm)
- Brinly-Hardy Attachments: Standard hitch pulls a variety of premium Brinly-Hardy attachments, such as a cart, lawn sweeper, dethatcher, aerator and sprayer. See your local Toro dealer for details.
- Brinly-Hardy Direct Mount Attachments: Mount these premium Brinly-Hardy spreader and sprayer attachments directly to your TimeCutter for easy use. See your local Toro dealer for details. (Mount Kit part #131-3966 required.)
- Anti-Vibration Floor Mat: This rubber floor mat is a great addition to your TimeCutter mower. Reduces vibration and dampens deck noise during mowing.
- Cargo Carrier: The cargo carrier is perfect for homeowners that need hauling capabilities for mulch, soil, garden tools and other items for working the yard. No "jack knifing" and it's easy to store. Model 79040 - Cargo Carrier. You'll also need weight kit - model 131-7658 and mounting kit - model 131-3966.
- Deck Lift Pedal: Allows you to lift the mowing deck when changing the height of cut position and easily raise the mowing deck while mowing to avoid scalping.
- Adjustable Armrests: Provide operator comfort when mowing for extended periods and easily adjust for any operator.
- Hourmeter: Keep your mower in peak condition with an hourmeter for determining when to service.
- Twin Bagger: Pick up lawn clippings, leaves, and debris quickly with our Twin Bagger. Our twin baggers have a 6.5 bushel (8 cubic feet) capacity.
- Sunshade: Keep cool and dry while you mow. The Toro sunshade increases operator comfort by shielding you from the elements. (Model Number - 79011)
- Engine Manufacturer
- Horse Power
- 24.5 hp (18.2 kw)
- Engine Type
- V-Twin w/Self-Cleaning Air Box
- Dual Hydrostatic
- Wheel Size
- Tires: 13 in (33 cm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3 gal. (11.4 L)
- Deck Size
- 54 in. (137 cm)